PLEASE NOTE: Not all presentations are available in pdf format. If a presentation is not posted, it is because the speaker did not give us permission to do so. If you are interested in accessing a presentation that is not posted, please contact them directly using the contact information in the printed program you received at the conference.
Discussions on the Yahoo Biochar-Policy List
This talk will cover policy topics that have appeared on the Yahoo list called ""Biochar-Policy"" (owned by Tom Miles, moderated by myself) for the past ten years. Topics to be covered include:
- ethical and other arguments for and against biochar,
- criteria used to compare biochar against other carbon dioxide removal (CDR) options,
- biochar rankings against its competition,
- comparing biochar with solar radiation management (SRM) options
- policy activities and support in other countries,
- the handling of biochar in the 2015 IPCC conference in Paris and the AR5 documents,
- biochar supportive activities conducted by various governmental entities,
- projections of future maximum biochar utilization
- different possible incentive mechanisms
- relationships of this conference’s policy track to other conference tracks.
Facebook Comments Box
USBI is advancing Biochar education.
Please support our efforts.